Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest     YouTube

A couple of cards


I have two cards for ya today! The first is a card for the Greeting Farm and 365 card challenge. We were told by both places to use these pictures as inspiration for our cards:


OK, so the black and white theme is readily evident here, so that's what I went with. I LOVE making black and white cards for some reason, so here's my take on the inspiration challenges.



The sentiment says, "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms, when his hands are empty."


This reminded me of my Dad to a "T." so I decided to make this into a father's day card for him. Ask anyone who knows me and they know that I'm totally addicted to TGF stamps! They are my fave... if my house was burning down and I had to go in and save one thing.... I'd have a super duper hard time getting into my craft room/ office to grab my basket of TGF stamps! ha ha ha (OK, maybe that's a bit extreme, but really, I'd mourn the melted rubber, it would be so sad!) Anyways, I decided to try something a little bit different, I stamped the image of this little cheekie cheerie girl on card stock and then crumpled her up (man, that was difficult in and of itself) a few times. Then I flattened her out and distressed the edges with black ink. I like the effect that came from it. I'm going to have to try this again in a few different ways.


On to the next card!


The next was from the drunkenstampers blog and the sketch at 365 cards.... I know, for some reason lately I'm all about combining challenges. Ha ha ha OK, so here's the 365 sketch:



The challenge from the drunken stampers was to use the color ORANGE!!! I can do that! So here's my hybrid card:


OK, so I know the sentiment is not big enough to read, but it's a little poem about the place for a dad is in your heart. It's a cute little sentimental thing that would make any dad feel special.


That's all I have for today! I FINALLY got some prisma colored pencils so I'm off to get a "really good pencil sharpener" so that Lena can teach me how to use them! I'm looking forward to my tutorial with my bestest Pal!


5 comments:

Please comment, it means so much to me.