Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest     YouTube

Fireflies at the beach!

Well hello there Fireflies! I'm so excited about the August challenge.... it's "A day at the beach!"  (You can find more info about the challenge here.)  Being as I moved from California to Idaho about a decade ago, it's been a while since I've seen the beach.  (Insert sad face here.)  But with the challenge for Firefly Crafts, I can remember what it was like to be there! (smile) So, here's my project:
Items Used:

   

I ADORE the wooden embellishments from Firefly, they are so awesome and add just a touch of whimsey.  I used a ceramic plate and my Distress Ink minis and literally just rubbed them on the plate, then i spritzed it with water and laid the yardstick on it, squished it around a little and then pulled it up and set it to dry.  Once dry (well mostly dry, because I'm totally impatient like that) I stamped some words using a stamp from Kitchen Sink (also found in the Firefly Craft store, but out of stock at the moment) .  
I rarely do the mixed media type of cards, so this is WAY outside of my comfort zone.  I'll have to keep practicing! ha ha ha 
Happy crafting Fireflies!!! 

1 comment:

Please comment, it means so much to me.