Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest     YouTube

Awesome Viking

Wow! What a weekend it's been!

First, let me say that the entire Blog/Store and Social Media presence of Sweet Sentiment have been  redone over the weekend! I'm so excited for you to see how beautiful it all looks and how smoothly it all functions now! Hooray for that! So, feel free to have a look around and check out all that is new and exciting with Sweet Sentiment.

Now, aside from a social media overhaul, I made a card!  Dealing with technology can be stressful, so I chose an image from an artist I'd never worked with before for my coloring therapy.  I purposefully chose something quite intricate so that I could really get away from the technology thing and turn my brain off of all that.  Here's the result:
This is a digital image from the Paper Shelter and I printed her off on Catherine Pooler 100 lb white marker paper.  I made the mistake of thinking that my eyesight is way better than it really is and I printed her at 15% opacity.  I highly recommend you do NOT do that, but print her at maybe 20% instead.  Lol!  I colored her up with my Copic markers and I regret to say that I didn't keep a list going as I should have because I was just coloring for therapy sake.  So, I completely checked out of reality and just grabbed markers and colored.  I hope you'll forgive me. 

I then cut a 5.5" x 5.5" white card stock base for my card, and cut a piece of DSP with timbers on it for the background.  I cut that piece 1/8" smaller than the base.  After coloring a background on my image, I decided to trim it down a bit to better fit on the base.  After trimming it I also decided to round the corners, so, I used my envelope board to punch the corners round. (Remember how I said I was checking out? Yup, I used my envelope board to punch the corners.... ha ha ha!) I trimmed a piece of Craft colored card stock from the Paper Studio to be 1/8" larger than my image and distressed all of the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide ink and a sponge dauber.  It was then I decided that I needed a sentiment.... minor details.  So I pulled out the embossing supplies and found this cute sentiment in my stash of CC Designs stamps.  It's from the Rockabilly Sentiments set. 

I went to my ribbon stash and found a length of this beautiful chocolate brown satin ribbon and tied a simple bow.  I didn't want to take away from the scene that I made, so I left it at that for embellishments. (I know, don't fall off your chair, it's quite rare that I ever leave it at that for embellishments!)

I'm quite pleased with how this whole project came out.  It really got my mind off of all the technology so I could approach it once more with a calm demeanor. Lol! I had so much fun making a background for her and her sweet little dragon and sort of giving them a story to be a part of.  This image was so fun to color, I'm sure you'll be seeing more of her in the months to come! 

Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment, as I read all of them, they make me smile.  I'm off to get another cup of coffee because you all know that's how I exist! Lol!  Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and a fantastic week!  Tootles! 


11 comments:

  1. I think this is my fav Jammie card! So vibrant and I love the little viking and her dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazingly talented ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job �� Excuse my irreverence but I instantly thought Fudd 2.0 " kiw da rabbit , kiw da rabbit , kiw da rabbit ...." You really are talented ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! Now I'm going to have to go through more money at the paper shelter again lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent job!!! I love her! And her dragon of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Jamie! Just soooo colorful ! I only wish I could begin to color like you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Washer Repair Newport

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Dacor Stove & Range Repair Near Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information. SubZero, Viking, GE Ice Maker Repair in VENTURA

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, it means so much to me.