Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest     YouTube

Live like there is no midnight

Hello all, I'm here today to share with you a card I made on a whim.  Sometimes you just have to color something because there is no reason at all to color it.... that's what I did today.

I was speaking with a friend and she showed me a card she'd made "many moons" ago, and it totally inspired me.  I ask her permission (sort of) and used some of the ideas from the layout of her card.  Sometimes you just have to find inspiration wherever you can. I'm lucky to have super talented friends who allow me to use their layouts as the basis for my own.

So, without further adieu, here's my card.


I started by coloring the image with my Copic markers, and then fussy cutting it out.  I added Glossy Accents to the shoe and jewelry as well.  then I added a lot of glitter to the dress although it's tough to tell in this photo.  All of the papers I used are from Graphic 45, because I'm slightly obsessed with their papers!  I then added way too many flowers from Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts. I used a sentiment from CC Designs and embossed it on a piece of white card stock.  I used Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink to distress all the edges of every layer and the sentiment as well. Then I finished it all of with a beautiful black satin ribbon.

Colors used:
Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Dress: B37, B26, B45, B12, B41, B000
Gloves: C9, C7, C5
Eyes: B37, B45, B12, G00, C2, 0
Hair: E35, YR23, E55, E53, Y000

As always, if you're interested in learning any of the coloring techniques I use, you can find my classes online at www.sweetsentiment.us

I totally appreciate your comments and I'll see ya again soon!  Tootles!

1 comment:

Please comment, it means so much to me.