Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest     YouTube

Nurses fix it all!

It's day 2 of the Some Odd Girl 12 day coloring challenge and I've got a fresh card for you to see!  I'm loving using my Distress Oxide inks lately, they are so fun to create with!

With that in mind, I knew what I wanted to do for a background, but wasn't sure what I wanted to do for an image.  Then, I saw this adorable Nurse Kaylee digi and KNEW what needed to happen.


Ok, first things first, YES, I own a stethoscope.

Now that that is out of the way, I printed the digital image on Catherine Pooler 100 lb marker paper at an opacity of 15%..... way too light, but hey, I'm a glutton for punishment.  I colored her in with my Copic markers. After coloring her I fussy cut her out leaving a very small white border around the whole image.  

Copics used:
Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E59, E47, E37, E57, Y28
Scrubs: YG09, G03, YG11, YG41 (I also did a little tip to tip blending between G03 and YG11)
Stethoscope: C3, C1, C00, R59, R29, R17, R22
Shoes: N10, N08, N6, N4
Eyes, E25, E47, Y13, G000, C2, 0

The background is made by using a Gina Marie die and cutting it out on card stock, then taping that over a piece of watercolor paper.  I then used Distress Oxide inks in Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, and Twisted Citron to create a blended ombre effect.  After removing the stencil I sprayed with a bit of water and dabbed it off.  The nurse was attached to the background using foam squares and then I used Nuvo crystal drops in Gloss white for accent.  The black ribbon is from Stampin' Up! I embossed the sentiment using Ink on 3 embossing and watermark ink pad with Detail Black embossing powder on a sentiment from The Greeting Farm Get Well Soon set. 

Okie Dokie, that's it for me today!  Hope you love her!  I'll see ya back here tomorrow (I hope) for another day of the 12 day coloring challenge!  Woohoo!!! Tootles! 

1 comment:

Please comment, it means so much to me.