Facebook     Instagram     Pinterest     YouTube

A card for a friend

Good morning everyone.  I thought I'd sit down at my craft desk yesterday and just let my markers tell me what to do.  So, this is what I came up with...... WARNING: sappy post ahead.

I've ordered a few stamp sets lately because I had a particular card I wanted to create.  I wanted to do a floral card, but something a little "different."  We all know that florals are NOT in my "normal" go to pile of images.  I also saw this set of an ASL alphabet from Altenew, and I just KNEW that I NEEDED it to make a card for a special friend.  Here's my card:


I went for a "thank you" card as my wonderful friend, Becky, has taken my under her wing and taught me so very much this past few months.  We have become close friends and she makes me be a better person, but one that still oozes with snark. Lol!  We share a coffee addiction that only one another would understand, and we are creative and crafty in totally opposite ways.  I color, she makes EVERYTHING else! hahaha!

I spent some time fussy cutting these beautiful flowers because I absolutely could NOT hand Becky a flat card..... GASP! Oh, the horror! I employed quite a few 3D foam adhesive squares to make sure that there was at least a little dimension on this card. 

Copic Markers Used: YG99, YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91
V99, RV69, RV66, RV19, RV25, RV13
Y08, BV29, By25, BV23, 0 Colorless Blender

I began the process by stamping the image on Sweet Sentiment Coloring Paper using Momento London Fog ink.  I then colored the image using my Copic Markers.  I put my Cutter Bee paper snips to work fussy cutting around the image.  I used a 5.5" x 5.5" piece of Sweet Sentiment Coloring Paper and Distress oxide inks in Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, and Scattered Straw to create the background.  I then tied a length of bakers twine in gray and white around the background and adhered it to a card base of the same size.  I adhered the poppies using foam square adhesives.  Then I used the ASL Love set from Altenew to create the sentiment.  Again I stamped it in Momento London Fog onto Sweet Sentiment Coloring Paper, then I took my Copic Multiliner in 0.03 and traced around the hands to highlight them a bit more.  I cut the words into banners and adhered them the same way as the poppies.  

Now, I'm going to fill this card with kind words, and really throw her for a loop! Lol.  I Love how this card came out. It's so far out of my "norm" and it was so much fun to just create something with no pressure.  I really had NO IDEA how this card would turn out when I sat down at my desk.  Just goes to show you that "sometimes no plan is the best plan."  

Thanks everyone for reading.  Hope you all have a wonderful week!  See you soon! Tootles! 

1 comment:

  1. This is so b-e-a-utiful I can't even tell you. This is such a great way to celebrate and honor your friendship. I think the colors are just perfect
    Faith

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, it means so much to me.